Lenovo’s, decision to keep the stock UI for moto phones made them a clean and versatile choice in their price segment. Moto E3 power is a favorite device in the entry-level smartphone segment. It runs on Android Marshmallow 6.0. It has a capable processor and good battery backup too.
Have you owned one and Interested in tweaking your Moto E3 power? Here is the Guide to Unlock the Bootloader, Flash TWRP and Root your MOTO E3 POWER.
NOTE: This guide should be followed only on Moto E3 power. We hold zero responsibility for your Errors. Follow at Own Risk, Unlocking voids the Warranty of your Device.
- ADB and fastboot
- Moto USB drivers
- Before we proceed to the process of unlocking the bootloader, it is crucial to know that this process will erase all your DATA and factory reset your phone. So take a BACKUP of all your data in the device.
- A little patience and presence of mind to follow the steps.
- Official TWRP Image for MOTO E3 power-taido ( Download Link)
- Latest SU Zip, Which enables the ROOT (Download link)
Important Note: Unlike other Moto models, Moto E3 power didn’t require the Bootloader Unlock code from Motorola. So the step is not necessary, Instead to we have to enable OEM unlock permission in the Developer options. Also, enable the USB debugging from the same.
(To enable Developer Options, Go to Settings> About phone> Build no. Then tap on build no for 7-10 to enable Developer options in your settings.)
Table of Contents
How to Root Moto E3 and install TWRP:
- Make sure that, OEM unlock permission and USB Debugging is enabled from the developer options as mentioned above.
- You must BACKUP all your user data, Setup up your ADB and FASTMODE before proceeding further.
- Type“adb reboot bootloader” in the command window. This would boot your device into Bootloader mode. (OR) Alternatively, you can power off your device and press Volume up+ Power button simultaneously to enter the service menu then follow on-screen instructions to enter Bootloader menu.
- Next, type“fastboot oem unlock” in the command window. This command will unlock your bootloader.
- Type “fastboot erase user data” in the command window.
- Now reboot your device. You have completed the Unlocking your Bootloader. Be patient as the first boot takes some around 15-30 minutes in some cases.
- Type “ adb reboot bootloader” in your command window (or) Alternatively by using your Volume buttons.
- Download the TWRP img file for your device from the above link.
- Open the folder containing your TWRP File. Now press and hold the shift key and right on white space, then select open command window here.
- Type “fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.2-0-taido.img” in your command window. Now this installs the custom recovery on your Moto E3 power.
- Now, restart your device by typing “fastboot reboot” in your command window
- Download Latest ‘Su zip’ from the above link and place it in your device internal storage.
- Open your adb and fastboot and type “adb reboot recovery” in your command window, OR you can use buttons combination and then follow on-screen instructions to enter recovery.
- This command opens up your TWRP Recovery. Then press INSTALL option and Select the SU zip file in your internal storage.
- Now, Swipe to Right, and this will flash the Zip file, which provides the Root access to your device.
- Get back and Select Reboot to restart your device.
That’s for now. You have successfully Flashed Custom Recovery and Rooted your Moto E3 Power. We suggest you, backup your stock ROM using TWRP for future purposes. Stay tuned for the best custom ROMs for Moto E3. If you are stuck in between, comment your query below. We will try our best to help you.