Asus Zenfone 2 Laser ZE550KL announced on August 2015 comes with an Octa-core CPU which seems enough to power your daily needs & manage to offer decent battery life. But, if you are a gamer or use your device lot, you’ll experience slowing down because of heavy Apps like Facebook, Messenger etc. Most people remove those Apps to improve performance. While some try the other way i.e rooting their device. If you don’t know about rooting, you can refer our Everything about rooting guide. Most of the guides available online are mostly hard to follow or doesn’t work. Before rooting Asus Zenfone 2 Laser , read the disclaimer. So, lets get started with rooting Zenfone 2 Laser.
You device’s warranty may be void after following below mentioned instructions. If any thing goes wrong and you end up with a bricked or semi-bricked device then neither our site or any of these app developers will be responsible. So, try these instructions at your own risk.
Prerequisite for rooting Zenfone 2 Laser:
- Additionally, you must have a windows PC.
- Install USB drivers for your Asus Zenfone 2 Laser ZE550KL.
- Goto Settings -> About and tap multiple times continuously on “Build number” to active “Developer options” and then goto Settings -> Developer options and enable “Usb debugging” option.
Update:Working On Latest Update Of Marshmallow
Download Rooting Tools:
- Minimal ADB Fastboot Tool
- ADB USB Drivers
- Asus Android USB Driver
- SuperSU Pro v2.78 or Alternet Link(Super Su.zip)
- ze550kltwrp.img (TWRP Recovery)
- ze550kl bootloader unlocker.apk(Bootloader Unlocker App for 5.0 or Below)
- For Marshmallow Users Only Link1 or Link2(New Bootloader Unlocker App)
Note: Its Not Compulsory to Unlock Bootlader For Marshmallow Users.
Table of Contents
- 0.1 RelatedPosts
- 0.2 ASUS officially launches ZenFone 4 series of smartphones with dual-camera and Flagship specs.
- 0.3 Two models of the ZenFone 3 get updated to Android Nougat
- 0.4 Asus Zenfone 3 Max Review: Pros and Cons [In-Depth Review]
- 0.5 ASUS Rolling Out VoLTE Support for Zenfone 3 Range & few others
- 1 How to Root Asus Zenfone 2 Laser (ZE550KL)
How to Root Asus Zenfone 2 Laser (ZE550KL)
How to unlock Bootloader
Step 1: Download all the above tools & transfer all the Apk files in your device.
Step 2: Now Install ZE550KLBootloaderunlocker.apk in Your Device. Follow Below Screenshot Instruction.
1. Installing App
2. Press Ok And Go Ahead
Press Ok And Go Ahead
3. Press For Unlock Bootloader
Press For Unlock Bootloader
Step 3: Extra ‘ADB Fastboot Tool.rar’
How to Install TWRP Recovery
Step 1: Move ze550kltwrp.img into extracted ‘ADB Fastboot Tool.rar’ folder.
Step 2: Now in ADB Fastboot folder open command windows by Pressing Shift+Right click –> open command windows here. See In Below Image For Easy Understanding.!
Step 3: Now Enter the Following command in Command Window. (click Ok if Prompt on Your Device)
It will return your device code which confirms you have installed all the files properly.
Step 4: Now to reboot your device into Fastboot mode which allows flashing files, enter the below command in command prompt. or else you can Manually Reboot To Fastboot Mode By Switch off Your Phone And Press Volume Up + Power Key Together.
adb reboot bootloader
Step 5: Now to flash the TWRP recovery, just enter the below command.
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
Once the flashing process gets completed, your device will automatically reboot into TWRP recovery.
First Install TWRP Recovery Using Above Steps 1 to 8.
Step 1:Place The Downloaded SuperSu Pro.zip File into Your Device SD Card or Internal Storage.
Step 2:Boot Into Recovery And Select Install. Now Locate SuperSu Pro.Zip File in Your Device And Flash it.
Step 3: Most Important Part Of Rooting is Patience wait For Minimum 5 Minutes to Boot Your Device. Hurry.. You Done it Well. Check Your Device Root Status By Any Root Checking App. 😀
Now you can flash different mods, custom roms, kernels & lot more. If you are a Xposed lover, you can refer our guide of Installing Xposed Framework & installer in Marshmallow. If you are new to rooting, you can check best apps for rooted Smartphones. You can checkout few mods for improving battery life & performance.
Get notification about our latest updates, leaks, hacks & exciting offers in realtime!