Microsoft continues to support its bouquet of apps on the Google Play Store. And here we have a fresh update hitting the Microsoft Launcher on Android. The new update is, of course, for the beta version. So, you’ll probably need to be enrolled in the program to see the update. If you haven’t, you can just visit the app page on Google Play and tap on ‘Become a tester’ to do so. The app has just recently hit the 1 million mark amongst a jam-packed category of launchers.
Coming back to the update, there are a lot of features mentioned in the changelog. Most notably, the app grid can now accommodate 12×12 icon rows. The launcher now also supports migration from other launchers and helps restore, setup homepage quickly. The search bar will now show up at the bottom by default for new users, mimicking the Pixel 2 look. Also, the dock now supports 5 apps. The changelog mentions a theme support for the settings but we’re in two minds as to what that means. For the full changelog, check the list below.
- Support more apps grid layout: now you can get maximum 12X12 grid view for apps page;
- Sub grid support: now you can move apps/widget half grid;
- First-time user experience enhancement: Support migration from other launcher and backup / restore or manual setup home screen during welcome page;
- Apps font fine tune: avoid text wrap and improve truncation logic;
- Now drag/drop apps will not enter edit mode;
- Support long press apps icon popup menu when you in app drawer;
- Support folder icon/shape edit;
- Dock: support more than 5 apps in the dock;
- Search bar: by default show search bar on the bottom for new users;
- Theme: support theme on settings page;
- Weather/time widget UI improvements;
- Settings page restructure;
- Crash fix, bug fix & performance tuning
Get notification about our latest updates, leaks, hacks & exciting offers in realtime!