Lenovo is only the brand which can compete with Xiaomi in terms of both Specs and Pricing with K-series range by offering good value for an average smartphone user. Lenovo K6 Note is one good smartphone powered by Snapdragon 430, 3GB of Ram and 32GB of Internal storage. It has a Full HD Display and a large 4000 mAh Battery for entertainment purpose. Rooting of the Smartphone allows the users to tweak and modify the device.
If you are new to all this and want to know more about rooting click here, else continue with us to know how to Unlock, Install TWRP and Root your Lenovo K6 Note.
Note: Unlocking and Rooting will void the device warranty. Proceed at your own risk.
- ADB and Fastboot: Download
- Lenovo USB drivers: Download
- Bootloader Unlock zip: Download )
- Modified boot image: Download Link)
- TWRP recovery flasher zip: Download)
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM unlock.
- Backup your data, Unlocking the device will erase the data present in the internal storage.
How to Unlock the Bootloader on Lenovo K6 Note:
- Install ADB and Fastboot on C: drive of your computer and connect your device with PC.
- Download the K53a48_Android-M_unlock_7M.zip and extract it. Make sure USB debugging and OEM unlock is enabled on your device.
- Run the Unlock_Bootloader.bat file from the extracted folder, with administrator permissions (Right click on the file and choose Run as Admin)
- This scripted command file will unlock the bootloader of your device.
- First boot after the process of Unlocking will take some time. Do not interrupt the process.
Steps to Flash Modified boot image:
Note: We should Flash Modified boot image to disable the Secure Boot, which was enabled default by the Device manufacturer.
- Download the boot image from the link and place it in the ADB directory. Rename the Boot image to Boot.img
- In the ADB directory, Right click on the white space while simultaneously holding the shift key. Then select the open command window here option.
- Enter the following command to reboot your device into bootloader. adb reboot-bootloader
- Now execute the following command to flash the modified boot image. fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Finally, reboot your device using the command. fastboot reboot
Steps to install TWRP custom Recovery:
- Download and Extract TWRP-188.8.131.52_K53a48_by_SevenMaxs.7z.
- Do not Turn off your device. Just make sure USB debugging and OEM unlock are enabled
- Now, the Run the Flash-TWRP.bat file with admin rights from the extracted folder.
- This Scripted file will install the TWRP custom recovery and then Reboot your device.
Steps to Flash SuperSu and root the device:
- Download the Latest Su.zip from the Official Chain-fire website.
- Place it in the internal storage of the device.
- Reboot your device into TWRP and Tap on the install Option.
- Navigate to the SuperSu.Zip file and select the file.
- Confirm the flashing of the zip file by swiping right.
- After completion, Wipe Cache/Dalvik and then reboot your device.
- You can check the root permissions of the device by using a root checker app from playstore.
That’s it. Now you have successfully rooted your Lenovo K6 Note. Head Over to this Page to know 10 Best Rooted Apps for your device. For any queries, please comment below.
1. Can I Unroot My Phone After Rooting?
Yes, your rooted phone can be unrooted as long as the phone has only been rooted or a phone that has been rooted and using a custom ROM or the Xposed framework. You may want to unroot your phone for numerous reasons such as security or warranty. Unrooting your phone does keep it under warranty for some of the smartphone brands. If you want to unroot your phone, you can follow our guide on this article.
2. What Are The Advantages Of Root?
Are you confused about whether or not you should root your phone? Well, here are a few advantages of rooting your phone.
- You can install incompatible apps, that the manufacturers usually don’t allow you to download.
- You can improve your phone’s performance and battery life.
- You can block any ads that are displayed on your phone while using an app. This also includes blocking those 30 seconds to a minute long Spotify ads.
- You can also remove bloatware from your phone. Bloatware’s that are useless and take up storage space for no reason.
- You can also flash a custom ROM, instead of using the stock OS, you can flash and use the modified OS on your phone.
3. What Are The Disadvantages of rooting your phone?
Are you confused about whether or not you should root your phone? Well, here are a few disadvantages of rooting your phone.
- Rooting your phone voids your phones warranty, although companies like Google and Oneplus allow users to root their phone.
- There is a chance you may brick your phone. Bricking your phone is exactly like it sound. When your phone is bricked, it becomes useless and is as useful as a brick.
- If you have bought your phone on a contract, rooting may be a bad choice as rooting your phone breaks your contract with your carrier.
4. Can my rooted Lenovo K6 Note Be Hacked?
Yes, your rooted phone can be hacked, but even unrooted phones can get hacked. Your phone can get hacked when you install unauthorized apps on your phone, through webs services and other application and many other methods that hackers would know. It should also be noted that remote hacking has become very difficult for the latest smartphones. So, unless you are a celebrity or a wealthy person, no hacker is going to waste their time on hacking your phone unless they have a personal grudge against you.
5. Is Rooting My Device In 2019 Worth It?
Whether or rooting is worth it in 2019 would depend on the reason you want to root your phone. People usually used to root their phone to improve the performance of their phones. Most phones today don’t come with a lot of bloatware and work quite smoothly for at least a couple of years. Although you root your phones that have become quite old and slowed down a bit, rooting these types of phones would make them last longer.