Recently, Xiaomi has launched the Redmi 4 in India. It is the best entry level device available in the country right now. It has a 5-inch HD display, Snapdragon 435 processor and a large 4000 mAh battery. Xiaomi is selling it through weekly sales. It was also available through Mi homes, which was opened only at Bangalore for now. Luckily, if you bought one and wanted to root your Redmi 4? Then you are at the right place. If ever heard the term Rooting? Then Start Here to know the benefits, consequences and other details related to rooting an Android device. Below is the guide to Unlock the Bootloader, Install TWRP and Root your Redmi 4.
- ADB and Fastboot.
- Mi Unlock Tool. Download (Source)
- ADB USB Drivers.
- Redmi 4.rar (It includes ADB, TWRP, Magisk zip and Dm-vertify.zip files.)
- Backup all your data on the device. Unlocking will erase everything on the device.
- Go to Settings>> About the Phone>> tap on build no for 7-8 times to enable Developer options.
- Turn on the USB debugging in the developer options.
- Enable OEM unlock option in the Developer options.
Also Read: How to root Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Steps to Unlock the Bootloader of your Redmi 4
- Register at Mi device unlock website to unlock the phone, use the same account associated with the Redmi 4 device.
- Download and Extract the Mi unlock tool, then run it with Admin rights
- Reboot your device in the fastboot menu. (keeping your Device turned off, Press and Hold Volume down + Power button together.)
- Install the appropriate USB drivers and Connect your Device to the PC.
- In Mi unlock tool, Sign in using the same account; you have used on the website earlier.
- Proceed with on-screen instructions and Press Unlock to confirm.
- After unlocking, Tap on the Reboot option.
Steps to Install TWRP custom recovery on Redmi 4
- Reboot your device into Fastboot mode and Connect it to your PC.
- Download and Setup ADB.(Instructions Here)
- Now download and extract the file redmi 4.rar
- Inside the folder Redmi 4, you will find an S-droid Toolkit.exe file. Run it with Administrator permissions.
- Then a screen will pop out, asking you to enter any option. Then type “41” and Press Enter.
- This tool will install the TWRP Recovery on your device.
- If everything goes right, then your device will end up in the TWRP Recovery.
Steps to Root Redmi 4 using Magisk
- Copy both the Zips Magisk and no-verity present in the Redmi 4.rar to your device storage.
- Reboot into TWRP recovery and then Select Install option in the main menu.
- Select no-verity Zip and Swipe at the bottom to Flash the zip file.
- Next, Wipe Cache/Dalvik.
- Now, Go back to the Main menu and flash the Magisk.zip file by following the same procedure.
- Then Reboot your device into the System.
- First boot may take time. So Don’t tinker with the device until it boot and please be patient.
Now your device is successfully rooted, and you check that using any root checker app or Magisk manager. Click here for detailed instructions on How to use Magisk root and Magisk modules. Follow us for more rooting guides. For any queries, please comment below.