One of the most powerful budget smartphone, Lenovo A6000 & Lenovo A6000 Plus received Android Lollipop 5.0.2 on 4th September. While many of the users are not much happy with the update as it ultimately made the phone slower & reduced battery life. But, you can actually fix many of this issues by rooting your device. Rooting provides many features, check here: Features of Rooting & Custom ROMs.
Some of the major features of rooting are:
- Boost your Phone speed & Battery Life.
- Remove Preinstalled crapware like System Apps.
- Remove Bloatwares, Apps like Facebook, Chrome Keep sucking your Ram & battery by running in background So, Among the smartphone geek crowd, applications like these are referred to as “bloatware:” they do nothing but bloat the software by existing as unnecessary applications.
- Tweak your phone like : Increase Video streaming speed, Increase Wifi Speed, Increase SIM detecting Speed, Increase SD read/write speed.
- Most Important & Best part, Install Custom Kernel & Custom ROMS ( I will explain about it in Installing Custom ROM section Custom ROM section )
- Finally, Truly Own your Device, Make it appear in the way you want.
Note: This method is tested with Lenovo A6000 & A6000 Plus running on Android lollipop 5.0.2 & found to be working 100%. Keep in mind, Rooting voids your device’s warranty. Please make your mind before following any of the steps mentioned below.
- Lenovo A6000, charged upto 40%.
- A USB Cable.
- Tools required: Mirror 1 :Download | Mirror 2 :Download (Contains ADB, fastboot, supersu, custom recovery)
- Update [16/12/15]: Download latest Material design TWRP Recovery 220.127.116.11 & replace this recovery with recovery.img in the downloaded Tool folder.
Note: If you just want to gain Root Access, follow the step mentioned here: How to root Lenovo A6000 through phone using KingoRoot. Follow the KingoRoot method.
How to Install TWRP Recovery in Lenovo A6000 / Plus:
Step 1. Connect your Lenovo A6000/A6000+ to your PC by enabling USB Debugging mode from Developer options in Settings. If you can’t find the developer options, Goto Settings> About Phone> Device Information. Tap 7 times on the Build Number. Now you can find the developers options in Settings.
Step 2. After connecting, Select USB Storage device (Open USB Storage).
Step 3. Extract the downloaded files. Copy SuperSU.zip from the zip file into your SDcard or Internal Storage.
Step 4. Now, Open command.bat from the extracted folder & type
It should return a screen similar to this:
Step 5. Now type:
<strong>adb reboot bootloader</strong>
The above command will boot your device into ‘bootloader’ mode. As soon as you enter this command, you would see A Lenovo Logo with small text “Powerkey long press can reboot phone” at the bottom of the screen.
Step 6. Now, type
<strong>fastboot flash recovery recovery.img</strong>
This would replace the stock recovery with TWRP Recovery.
Step 7. Now switch off your device & remove the USB cable. Press & Hold VolumeUp+VolumeDown+ Power button simultaneously.
You will see the TeamWin Recovery in your device:
How to Root Lenovo A6000 / Plus:
Step 1. Select Install zip from TeamWin Recovery & locate the SuperSU.zip file you downloaded from above link.
Step 2. Swipe to confirm Installation of zip.
Step 3. Done! You have successfully rooted your Lenovo A6000 & A6000 Plus
You have successfully installed TWRP Recovery & Rooted your Lenovo A6000 & A6000 Plus. If you are stuck at any step, you can contact us through the comment section or the contact us page.