Some users find it difficult to use volume buttons in recovery mode as its too annoying. Also few people have non-working volume keys & loose hopes to install ROMS or tweaks in their phone. There are so many phones based on MediaTek chipset which receives almost nil importance in development section. Due to lack of development Mediatek phones are considered as the worst choice. But, this won’t last longer as everyday a new developer is born & Support a particular phones development. You can also checkout How to Install ClockWorkMOD in Mediatek phones | TWRP for Mediatek
Here’s another post with another cool method to get a Touch recovery for your MediaTek based device. You might be thinking what’s the difference in touch recovery & Clockworkmod. The names says it in Clockworkmod you need to use your hadware Volume buttons to navigate to options it doesn’t support touch. But in TWRP Touch recovery you can use the touch function which is more comfortable,easy & less time consuming. Just like it takes few minutes to flash CWM in mediatek even this method will require few minutes to Install a touch recovery.
Features of this method :
Auto mode :
You don’t need to know a thing & it’ll port a working TWRP for your MTK & that is why it is called Magic.
Manual mode :
- Let you choose either to use your boot.img or recovery.img for porting.
- Let you manually choose your device res, data/media device, flipped screen & uses all files from your stock recovery. Refer to here for more info . . .
- device resolutions
- flipped screen.
UnPack/ RePack mode :
Let you mod whatever you want with option to install it right away to your MTK
- Requires Root.
- Install Adb driver.
- Enable USB debugging
- Disable UAC.
- Disable driver signature
- Compatibility with KitKat
- No need ro.secure=0 to run.
How to use :
2. Extract the zip file you will find a file named as ‘TWRP Installer’.
3. Run the TWRP Installer.exe & Click on Next.