Samsung Galaxy A7 SM-A700FD might receive Official Android M in coming 2-3 months. But if you want to taste to completely stable Android M ROM which a much better ROM then sluggish Touchwiz UI. This ROM packs Android Marshmallow (CM13) along with tones of customization options that allows you to customize your device as per choice. Along with customizations, this ROM also serves best performance & battery life; that’s what most of us want, isn’t it? Resurrection Remix (Cyanogenmod 13) Android Marshmallow (M) 6.0.1 ROM for Samsung Galaxy A7 (SM-A700FD)
Resurrection Remix ROM is based on CM,slim.omni and original Remix ROM builds, this creates an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your Device. Along with CM features comes the most awaited features of Android M i.e smarter app management with advanced permissions control, Now On Tap, Adoptable Storage and the DOZE Mode resulting in good battery life. If you’re not much aware about rooting and custom ROMs, you can check our guide which explains everything about From Rooting to Custom ROMs.
Features of Resurrection Remix for Galaxy A7:
- Battery Icon Customization(circle/landscape/Potrait and more)
- Network Traffic Indicator
- Theme Chooser
- Gestures Anywhere Feature
- Toast Animations
- ListView Animations
- System Animations
- Clear All Tasks Switch
- Enable/Disable Navbar
- All New CM Audio FX App
- Heads Up Customizations
- OverAll Smoothness Improvements
- Quick Unlock
- Optimizations to Improve Battery.
- Perfomance Profiles
- And lot more options to truly own your device.
- Boot is slightly slow.
Screenshots of Resurrection Remix in Galaxy A7:
1. RR ROM Xioami Redmi 2/Prime
2. RR ROM Xioami Redmi 2/Prime
3. RR ROM Xioami Redmi 2/Prime
- ROM OS Version: 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.94
- Based On: Resurrection Remix (CM 13)
- Status: Beta
- Root & Install TWRP Recovery
- Check the battery percentage of the phone, it should be at least 40%.
- This ROM is only for Samsung Galaxy A7 SM-A700FD. Please don’t try this on any other smartphones.
- Backup all your data: Contacts, Photos, Apps & other files. (Although you will not lose other files except contacts & Apps, but its better to be on the safer side)
How to install CM 13 in Samsung Galaxy A7
Step 1: Download the ROM file & GApps package from the links at the bottom of the post. Make sure you use a proper download manager & good internet connection to avoid data corruption while downloading files.
Step 2: Transfer the downloaded zip files in your Internal storage & boot into recovery. You can boot into recovery mode by two methods, Use TWRP Recovery only
- Download Rebooter App from Google Play Store & grant root access. Launch the app & select, Reboot to recovery.
- Switch off your device, Press and hold Vol UP + Home + Powerbutton simultaneously. Leave the keys after 5 secs.
Step 3:Once you have booted into recovery mode, Optional: Go to “Backup & Restore” and select System, data, boot.
Step 4:Now its time to flash CM 13 in Samsung Galaxy A7But before doing that, go to Wipe (in TWRP Recovery) & select cache, system (Select system only if you are coming from other ROMs), data dalvik cache. Swipe to confirm wiping.
Step 5:Go to TWRP Homescreen & click on Install. Select the CM 13 ROM for Samsung Galaxy A7 zip from the list of files. Swipe to confirm flashing. This might take around 5mins.
Step 6:Once you have completed flashing the ROM, flash the GApps package by again going intoInstall and locate the GApps zip file. Swipe to confirm & you’re done with Installation part.
Step 7:Now clear cache & boot your device. First boot might take sometime so no need to panic.
Download CM 13 (Android M) for Samsung Galaxy A7
- CM 13 ROM: Download.
- Also Check: List of Cyanogenmod 13 Themes: CM 13 themes
- Google Apps Package: CM13 Gapps
To enable root access, Goto Developer options (Settings>About Phone>Tap build no. 7 times)>Root access. Please don’t complain about known bugs as developers already know those bugs. You can report the bugs in the forum with logcat.