Xiaomi’s Octa-core masterpiece which has great potential & quality that it can run the most latest Android OS without any issues. But because of Xiaomi’s poor device update service, I doubt it will receive Android Marshmallow update. Anyways, its time to use CM 13 ROM in Xiaomi Redmi Note 3. If you don’t know about Cyanogenmod, CM is a open source Android OS that is built from Android base with many customization options & themes which are not found in Stock Android. As far as I have used many different ROMs, I find Resurrection Remix the best Android OS which uses CM sources i.e More customizations. Resurrection Remix (RR) CM 13 based ROM for Xiaomi Redmi Note 3.
Update (3rd July 2016):
Official Ressurection Remix ROM with no bugs & everything working fine.
Why to Install Resurrection Remix in Xiaomi Redmi Note 3?
By now you might be knowing about the features of Cyanogenmod. Well, Resurrection Remix is built using CM sources means more optimizations, Customizations & performance then Cyanogenmod. The Resurrection Remix is one of the most popular aftermarket ROMs available for dozens of Android devices from major OEMs. It has earned a good name because of its stability, good performance and decent battery backup. To describe appropriately, the ROM is a “remix” of the best feature found in AOKP,CyanogenMod, ParanoidAndroid, OMNI and the original Resurrection builds. Thus, it is a pleasant amalgamation of performance, customization, power and new features in a single package for a range of Android devices.
- ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
- ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
- Based On: CyanogenMod
Features of RR (6.0.1) ROM for Redmi Note 3:
Everything works perfectly. The ROM seems to be more stable & functional then Stock MIUI. Some of the features of RR ROM:
- RR OTA updates
- Optimized With UBER TC for smoother
- Snappier and Battery Friendly Performance
- CM Theme Chooser
- OverAll Smoothness Improvements
- Optimizations to Improve Battery
- Includes All Android Marhsmallow Features
- Includes ALL CM13 Features
- Tones & Tones of customizations
- AND MUCH MUCH MORE
Prerequisites before Installing RR ROM:
- Root & Install TWRP Recovery: Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 3| Install TWRP in Note 3
- Check the battery percentage of the phone, it should be at least 40%.
- This ROM is only for Xiaomi Redmi Note 3. Please don’t try this on any other smartphones.
- Backup all your data: Contacts, Photos, Apps & other files. (Although you will not lose other files except contacts & Apps, but its better to be on the safer side)
Screenshots of RR ROM (CM 13 Base)
1. Resurrection Remix ROM Redmi Note 3
2. Resurrection Remix ROM Redmi Note 3
3. Resurrection Remix ROM Redmi Note 3
4. Resurrection Remix ROM Redmi Note 3
5. Resurrection Remix ROM Redmi Note 3
Resurrection Remix ROM Lenovo A6000/Plus
How to Install Resurrection Remix ROM in Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
Step 1.Download the ROM & Gapps file from the below link & transfer it in your Internal storage.
Step 2.Switch off your device & boot into recovery mode. Goto Backup & Restore. Select System, data, boot & swipe to confirm.
Step 3.Go to Wipe, Select System, data, cache & dalvik cache. Swipe to confirm wipe.
Step 4. Goto Install, Select the ROM zip file & flash it. Wait for 4-5 mins until the install is complete.
Step 5. Again go to Install & select Gapps zip file. Once the procedure is completed. Goto System > Press reboot.
Step 6. First boot might take 4-5 mins. Calm down!
Also Check: Cyanogenmod 13 Pure ROM for Redmi Note 3
Download Resurrection Remix (CM 13) Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
To enable Root access, Goto Developer Options> Root access. Please don’t complain about the known bugs. After installing, check All CM 12.1 Themes. If you don’t like any themes, you can checkout How to make own Cyanogen theme.