There are more than a couple of launches today globally as well as locally in India. The HTC U11 Plus, U11 Life are expected to launch, Google Pixel 2 will also be launched in India. Furthermore, Xiaomi will also be launching a new series in India. But, most importantly, Oppo will launch the F5 in India. The Oppo F5 is the first phone from the Chinese manufacturer in India with an 18:9 aspect ratio display.
The phone has already launched in China. It is the successor of the Oppo F3. The marquee features of the selfie expert are, undoubtedly, the display and the 20 MP dual selfie cameras. Oppo usually surrounds it campaign to focus on selfie capabilities. This time Oppo is introducing AI beautification to enhance selfies even more. AI will assist selfie-takers to beautify facial features and hide dark circles. Low light selfies will also be enhanced by the AI to make up for the lack of exposure at night. Oppo emphasised that the AI can distinguish between age, gender and face structure to keep the natural features intact along with enhancing beauty. Of course, there is face recognition and unlock feature as well.
The next key highlight of the phone is the 6.0-inch FHD+ display with a resolution of 2160 x 1080 resolution. The display has slight curves at the corners making it look more elegant.
Oppo F5 Specifications
- 6-inch (2160 × 1080 pixels) 18:9 FHD+ full-screen 2.5D curved glass display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- 2.5GHz Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P23 16nm processor with 800MHz ARM Mali G71 GPU
- 4GB RAM with 32GB storage, 6GB RAM with 64GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 7.1 (Nougat) with ColorOS 3.2
- Dual SIM
- 16MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.8 aperture
- 20MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture,
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 156.5 x 76 x 7.5mm; Weight: 152g
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- 3200mAh built-in battery
There will be two version of the Oppo F5. A 4 GB + 32 GB variant in 2 colours and a 6 GB + 64 GB variant that will have a black and Red shade. The 4 gig variant of the Oppo F5 will cost Rs 19,990 and the 6 GB variant will cost Rs 24,990. We already know the phone will be exclusively sold online on Flipkart. As regards to availability, sales start on 9th November. You can pre-order from today till 8th November.