The OnePlus 3/3T recently became the first OnePlus devices to get Oreo. Now, we just noticed a new update has just dropped in for the 2016 duo in open beta. The beta which will be numbered Open Beta 28 for the OnePlus 3 and Open Beta 19 for the OnePlus 3T brings in a lot of changes.
To start with, Wireless hotspot management has been optimized for the two devices. Also, support for aptX/aptX HD has been added. Other optimizations related to the system include WiFi performance and battery usage statistics. A number of fixes in the system have been mentioned. Notably, some fixes for Quick Settings UI, slow charging issues, and a new security patch has been delivered with this update. Sadly, it hasn’t been mentioned which security patch it will be. But you will be able to find out the same in the settings menu.
Apart from this, the Shelf UI has been optimized, and app shortcuts menu has been given an enhance. A few more changes have been described in the changelog which we post below.
- Optimized and enhanced application shortcut menu
- Optimized shelf visual style
- Add a photo map to view photos by location
- UI enhancements and other optimizations
- Contacts: Added emergency information (ICE) to your personal information
- Wireless hotspot management optimizations
- Support for aptX/aptX HD
- UI fixes for Quick Settings
- Fixed slow charging issues
- Optimized Wi-Fi performance and security
- Optimized battery usage statistics
- Updated Android Security Patch
- Other bug fixes and optimizations
Known issues: Sometimes the long press will not activate on the home screen. If you encounter this issue, please make sure to report the issue, and then restart your phone. The issue should then be gone.
You can check the latest update manually in the settings menu by going to the Software update section. Alternatively, you can wait for the update to arrive later. To know more about open beta software, visit the OnePlus forum here.
Get notification about our latest updates, leaks, hacks & exciting offers in realtime!