OnePlus has always been focusing more on providing frequent updates to it’s flagship models. It’s impressive to see how fast the company’s promises are turning into reality. As we reported earlier, OnePlus 3T closed beta participants were receiving Android Oreo update, well now it’s available to Open beta participants as well. If you don’t mind few bugs in this latest cooked build, it’s a great opportunity to experience Android Oreo in your Flagship smartphone.
As far as the build in concerned, all the Android Oreo features like Picture in Picture seem to be working fine. However, there are still some issues with 3rd party apps. But hey, it’s an early build, you can’t complain. You can checkout the Changelog below:
Update to Android O (8.0)
- Added Picture in Picture
- Added Auto-fill
- Added Smart text selection
- New Quick Settings design
- September security patch
- Added Notification dots in Launcher
- Added OnePlus account login for access to Shot on OnePlus
- Now able to upload photos directly to Shot on OnePlus through wallpapers
- Fingerprint actions may be slower than you are used to.
- Shortcut to access Google Photos is unavailable
- Some stability issues with NFC and bluetooth
- Performance and compatibility of 3rd party apps will continue to be optimized
I have installed the updated in my OnePlus 3 and 3T as well. Even after using it for around 10mins, I didn’t find any bugs as mentioned. But I can’t say anything in such short span. If you’re prepared to encounter any of this issues, go ahead, install the update!
Download Android Oreo 8.0 for OnePlus 3/3T:
Installing a beta build for the first time? Check our guide on how to install beta builds in OnePlus 3 and 3T.
Note: If you want to revert back to the last Open Beta N build (OnePlus 3 Open beta 24 or OnePlus 3T Open Beta 15) you will need to flash the special build provided below. Because of the nature of downgrading from a major version, this will cause you to lose partial data.
Instructions and Info:
- The build will wipe app and cache data, but Internal Storage will be saved (ie: pictures and files)
- Users who revert their device back to the special build can still OTA update the device to Android O build at a later date.
- Steps to revert:
- Download special build
- Copy to Internal storage
- Reboot to recovery Mode to install
- Choose “Install from Local”
- Choose the downloaded build to install
- Special builds for latest Android N Open Beta builds(S3 Link):