Days ahead of MWC 2018, we have a yet another information about a Nokia phone. This time, it’s the Nokia 4 and it may actually be more powerful than last year’s Nokia 5 and Nokia 6.
The Nokia 4, when it comes out, will be one of the cheapest smartphones in the Nokia lineup. We actually have no idea if the device is really in works as no information has come out yet, except that it appears as a name on an APK teardown a few months ago. Now, a tip coming from a trusted source reveals the heart of the device.
According to NPU, the Nokia 4 will be equipped with Qualcomm Snapdragon 450, the first of the 4-series to be built on 14nm process. Technically, the Snapdragon 450 is a toned down version of the Snapdragon 625, so having that on the Nokia 4 makes it more powerful than the Nokia 5 and Nokia 6 (2017), which comes with Snapdragon 430. This makes HMD’s naming scheme a little bit confusing for most people.
- Nokia 1– Snapdragon Series 2xx
- Nokia 2– Snapdragon Series 2xx
- Nokia 3– xxx
- Nokia 4– Snapdragon Series 4xx
- Nokia 5– xxx
- Nokia 6– Snapdragon Series 6xx
- Nokia 7/7 Plus– Snapdragon Series 6xx
- Nokia 8/Sirocco/Pro– Snapdragon Series 8xx
- Nokia 9– xxx
- Nokia 10– xxx
There’s a possibility that the Nokia 4 and Nokia 5 models will have to share with Series 4xx Snapdragon chipset, while the Nokia 6 advances to Series 6xx, joining the Nokia 7/7 Plus.
To give us an idea what the Nokia 4 can offer, we fetch information on Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 450 Mobile website.
Snapdragon 450 Mobile specifications:
- 8x ARM Cortex A53, up to 1.8GHz
- Adreno 506
- Single-Camera up to 21MP @ 30fps, 24MP @ 24fps
- Dual Camera up to 13MP
- Up to 1080p video capture
- 2x Image Sensor Processor (ISP)
- Real-time Bokeh during camera preview
- Qualcomm® Clear Sight™ features
- Full HD/Full HD+ display
- GPS/GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo
- Bluetooth 4.1
- Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 3.0 technology
HMD Global is expected to launch the Nokia 4 alongside the Nokia 3310 4G, Nokia 1, Nokia 6 (2018), Nokia 7 Plus and Nokia 8 Sirocco at MWC 2018 in Barcelona, Spain, Sunday, 10 AM ET/4PM.