HMD was set to unveil an incognito Nokia device today at an event in India. And the company has launched the Nokia 2. The Nokia 2 will be the most affordable offering of Nokia yet. After unveiling the Nokia 3, 5, 6, and Nokia 8, this entry-level handset is the latest to debut in India. The Nokia 2 has been the subject of quite a few leaks, as such, it is pretty much what we expected. The handset is priced competitively and will compete with the Moto C Plus and Redmi 4A.
The Nokia 2 comes with a 5-inch HD display topped with Corning Gorilla glass and has the entry-level Snapdragon 212 coupled with 1 GB RAM. It comes with a meagre 8 GB of storage.
The Nokia 2 sports an 8 MP rear shooter with LED flash and a 5 MP front-facing camera. Nokia has also tossed in the “Bothie” feature we saw in the Nokia 8. The handset has a large 4,100 mAh battery that will run Android 7.1.1 Nougat. We’re told it will be upgraded to Oreo.
The smartphone is built with a solid 6000 series aluminium frame and a polycarbonate back. It boasts of a splash proofing feature and dual SIM compatibility. It also comes with 4G VoLTE and FM Radio. There’s no fingerprint scanner on this latest budget Nokia device.
The Nokia 2 is priced 99 Euros (US$ 115 / Rs. 7465 approx.) and will be available in Black, White and Copper Black colours from mid-November.
Nokia 2 specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD LTPS LCD with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 display
- 1.3 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 212 SoC with Adreno 304 GPU
- 1GB RAM, 8GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) OS, upgradable to Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Dual SIM
- 8MP autofocus rear camera with LED Flash
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Splash proof (IP52)
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1,
- 4100mAh battery
Get notification about our latest updates, leaks, hacks & exciting offers in realtime!