Xiaomi recently declared its list of device to soon receive MIUI 9 but the Redmi 4A has not featured in update plans of the OEM. However, now it seems that the handset is finally getting some attention having been stuck with Android Marshmallow. Yesterday, Xiaomi pushed an MIUI Global Beta 7.11.16 update to the popular budget handset. This version is based on Android Nougat 7.1.2. In other words, it is MIUI 9, however, it is a beta update.
As per the info on Mi forums, the changelog shows some new features and some fixes for installed apps. If you are eager to use this ROM, can download theRecovery ROMhere and flash it usingupdater methodor download theFastboot ROMto flash it usingfastboot method.
- New – New App vault features: shortcuts, brief notes, calendar events, and cricket (11-10)
- Lockscreen, Status Bar, Notification Bar
- New – New content provider for Wallpaper Carousel – Glance. Enjoy high-quality images, read stories, and slide down to view more. (11-10)
- Fix – Previews weren’t shown correctly in landscape mode (11-10)
- Fix – Settings FC when changing the region (11-13)
- Fix – System launcher keeps stopping when adding or opening a widget after update to 7.11.10 (11-10)
- Fix – Gallery only shows documents even after resetting all default app setting (11-11)
- Can’t access gallery by pressing the button directly from the camera application in Turkish (11-13)
- Fix – The mail message page layout is displayed incorrectly (11-07)
- Mi Video
- Chinese language can be seen in Mi Video (11-09)