Micromax in an event in New Delhi launched the Canvas Infinity, a phone resembling the LG Q6 in the bezel-less display department. The “Made in China” phone was rumored earlier and likened to the Galaxy S8 because of the all-screen display. But it is quite clear now, the phone doesn’t have curved edges, but has thin bezels. The box of the phone shows a price of Rs. 13,900 but it’s going to sell as an Amazon Exclusive for Rs. 9,999 from September 1 onwards. The first sale will be held at 12 pm IST. Micromax does plan to make the device available later on. You can now register for the sale on Amazon from here.
At the launch event, Micromax also promised Android Oreo update for the handset, although stopped short of naming a month or date. The company also said buyers will be eligible for a repair or replace within 24-hours at Micromax Express Service centers.
Taking a design tour of the phone, the build is mostly metal, albeit the top and the bottom end of the back being made up of plastic. Also, the rear is removable and houses the speaker grills. The fingerprint scanner is also situated at the back along with the cameras. The star of the show is, of course, the 5.7-inch screen with 2:1 aspect ratio. Below the screen sit the capacitive buttons. The 3.5 mm headphone is situated on the top edge. Below are the specs of the Micromax Canvas Infinity.
Micromax Canvas Infinity Specs
- Snapdragon 425 quad-core processor
- 3 GB RAM
- Adreno 308 GPU
- Android 7.1.2 Nougat (upgradable to Android 8.0 Oreo)
- 5.7-inch HD+ (1440 x 720 pixels) Full Vision IPS display with 18:9 aspect ratio and 2.5D curved glass
- 13 MP Super Pixel rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, 5P lens and LED flash
- 16 MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture, 5P lens, 81.5-degree FOV, real-time bokeh and selfie flash
- 32 GB ROM
- Expandable up to 128 GB via microSD card
- Dual SIM
- 4G VoLTE, GPS, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, USB OTG, 3.5 mm headphone jack
- Fingerprint Scanner at the back
- 2900 mAh battery