Taiwanese manufacturer, HTC has now officially released the next smartphone in India, the HTC U Ultra. The HTC U series is the new flagship product from HTC. The HTC U series was introduced back in January with the HTC U Ultra and HTC U Play.
The HTC U Ultra and U Play bring new Artificial Intelligence to the smartphone. The AI coming with HTC U series is named HTC Sense Companion AI. It will help you in your everyday activities like Google Now or Google Feed.
As for as specifications is concerned, the HTC U Ultra features a 5.7-inch Super LCD display with a Quad-HD resolution(1440X2560 PPI) and a secondary 2-inch display with a resolution of 1040X160 PPI, much like the LG V20. It is powered by the Quad-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 SoC clocked at 2.15GHz coupled with 4GB of RAM powering it.
In terms of storage, it gets 64GB & 128GB of internal storage variants.It packs a 12-UltraPixel rear camera with version 2.0 of the Ultra Pixel camers.The rear camera has got a dual-tone LED flash, 1.55um pixels, f/1.8 aperture, Laser AF, OIS & 4K video recording. On the front, it has got a 16-megapixel camera. It is backed by a 3000mAh battery with support for Quick Charge 3.0 included.
- 5.7-inch Quad HD (1440 x 2560p) Super LCD 5 display
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection in 64GB variant
- Sapphire Glass in 128GB variant
- 2.0-inch (160x1040p) 520 PPI Super LCD 5 secondary display
- Quad-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 64-bit processor
- Adreno 530 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 64/128GB internal storage
- up to 2TB with microSD card support
- V2.0 UltraPixel 12MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, 1.55um pixels, f/1.8 aperture, Laser AF, OIS & 4K video recording
- 16MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Android Nougat 7.0 with HTC Sense
- HTC BoomSound, four omnidirectional noise cancelling microphones
- Fingerprint scanner
- Dimensions: 162.41 x 79.79 x 3.6-7.99mm;
- Weight: 161 grams
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi,Bluetooth 4.2 and GPS with GLONASS, NFC
- USB Type-C with USB 3.1
- 3000mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0
Price & Release date:
The HTC U Ultra has been announced in Comestic Pink, Brilliant Black and Sapphire Blue colors. It is priced at ₹59990 in India and will be available for purchase starting from 6th March.
For this price, the device seems bit costly with Snapdragon 821. As new smartphones are coming with Snapdragon 835, this new HTC U Ultra stands less chance of being successful. But not to blame the company because the Snapdragon 835 is in scarcity as Samsung is holding all of the production lots for the Samsung Galaxy S8. The company also didn’t go well in terms of pricing. Even after trying hard, HTC fails to grow with the competition.