Xiaomi, Chinese Smartphone manufacturer launched their most awaited and budget smartphone Xiaomi Redmi 2 at 110$. It comes with a 4.70-inch 720×1280 display powered by 1.2GHz processor alongside 1GB RAM and 8-megapixel rear camera. However, the devices comes with Android Kitkat 4.4.4 with Custom skin MIUI on it. There’s no news of Android Lollipop for Redmi 2. So, at the end of the day you need to Root your device to enjoy latest updates without waiting. Today we’ll learn How to Install Android Lollipop 5.0.2 in Xiaomi Redmi 2.
Warning : We won’t be held responsible if anything happens to your device. You are solely responsible for your actions.
We will update Xiaomi Redmi 2 through Cyanogenmod 12 (5.0.2). We would suggest you to think before following any of the steps mentioned below. However, this method worked for our Xiaomi Redmi 2 running on Android Kitkat 4.4.4
- WIFI: ok (MAC address not fixed)
- Bluetooth: ok (tested Bluetooth headset, transfer files, Bluetooth sharing networks, etc.)
- Network / 3G: signal ok, mobile data is not working
- Off charge
- Display driver (gpu etc.)
- Sound driver (mic and speak, etc.)
- Distance sensor: no
- Light sensor: no
- Direction (three-axis) sensor
- Video playback
- Touch driver
- WFD (Wireless Display): Unknown (to be tested wfd TV function)
- MTP USB Drives, etc
- Notification light: ok (You can change light colors and duration)
- FM radio
- WIFI MAC address is not working
- Sensors do not work
- Mobile data is not working
- Some software are not compatable with Android 5.0
Download: [button color=”” size=”1″ type=”round” target=”” link=”http://pan.baidu.com/share/init?shareid=2853286802&uk=3808470486″]CM 12[/button] Password : 49ae
Source : [button color=”” size=”1″ type=”round” target=”” link=”http://en.miui.com/thread-104710-1-1.html”]MIUI Forum[/button]
How to Install:
Step 1: Unlock Boot loader, Install Custom recovery & Root your Xiaomi Redmi 2 : XDA
Step 2: Download the zip file from above & place it in your internal memory.
Step 3: Switch Off your Phone & Switch On by pressing Volup+Home+Lock button simultaneously.
Step 4: In CWM Recovery, Clear data, cache & do a factory reset. (Use Volup & Down to navigate & Power button to select)
Step 5: Select Install zip from SDcard & locate the zip file & select yes.
Step 6: Wait for it to Install.
Step 7:Done. You have successfully flashed Android Lollipop 5.0.2 in your Redmi 2.
If you have any doubts regarding the installation process, you can ask us in the comment section. Please Don’t complain about the bugs.