Google’s Pixel smartphones comes with one of the most neat and responsive launcher which brings every features at a swipe from the homescreen. Unfortunately this launcher is not available for every Android smartphones as Google has kept it unique for Pixel series to add a unique experience to it. Thanks to the developer from reddit, who goes by the name, Amir Zaidi. He has been porting Google Pixel launcher for all Android without having to root your device.
Amir reverse engineered the Google Pixel Launcher and ported over features to Launcher3, the stock AOSP launcher. Version 3.6 of the Rootless Pixel Launcher is here, and it boasts theme selection, notch support, and lots of bug fixes. As per the developer, the only drawback of this Pixel Launcher port is, it has to have the same package name as the actual Pixel Launcher. Failing to do this results in the weather widget not working. So before installing this Launcher, make sure you have not installed any Pixel launcher prior to this.
Rootless Pixel Launcher 3.6
Google Pixel launcher tries to bring everything at your home screen from Google Now, Google Search, Apps search, Weather and dates all available at a swipe. This Rootless Google Pixel 3.6 launcher brings everything to your smartphone. This Launcher can be installed on any Smartphone which runs on Android. Along with all this features, the launcher also support landscape mode.
Features of Rootless Pixel Launcher 3.6
- At a Glance
- Google Now feeds
- Theme Support
- Substratum and OEM theme compatibility
- Notch support – The real status bar height is now used for drawer search bar positioning. Notches will not cut into the search bar anymore.
- Icon Pack support
After all the requests I finally decided to cave in and let users select their own theme if they want. I wrote a small program in C# that automatically imported the translations using Google Translate. The available options are:
- Automatic: Will apply a theme based on the wallpaper
- Default: The default light background theme
- Dark: The dark background theme
- Light: Has a brighter white background in the app drawer than default, and has dark text to complement it
- Transparent: Based on the dark theme, but makes the app drawer more transparent so you can see more of your wallpaper
- Delay workspace loading after a failed shortcut drag by half a second. This fixes a bug where the app drawer would stay half open when very briefly holding a shortcut.
- Add open source licenses preference in about settings category
- Strip empty left page after a settings invoked reload that removes At A Glance
- Import translations for all theme options
- Never scroll the home screen when app drawer is visible. This fixes a bug where the top left and top right corner could be used to scroll between pages.
- Clean up build.gradle, re-enable AAPT2 and update all dependencies
- Avoid crash when widget previews have no defined size
- Check the correct build version in WallpaperManagerCompat to remove logcat spam
- Bring back long press arrow for search functionality. This can be used to easily unhide apps.
- Reset scroll position when dragging up the app drawer. Fixes a bug where the app drawer was already scrolled if you held the background when closing.
- Reduce drawer opening stutters by only querying enough intents to fill predictions
- Change shortcut icon fallback to match the L3GO widgets icon
- Allow for statically typed drawable name in the round icon attribute. Fixes some crashes and is able to load more round icons on Lollipop/Marshmallow/Nougat.
- Improve proguard optimization rules by only optimizing constructors. Should slightly improve the performance, but is probably not noticable.
- Add Cylinder adaptive icon shape to the available icon shape options on Oreo
- Update Greek and Portuguese translations of Squircle
- Disable new app drawer Google Search style on Nougat because of layout bugs
- Disable white circle around icons on Go build
- Disallow interacting with a widget that is being resized
- Check both normalized and non-normalized search input for app search. Should fix the problem where some languages could not find any apps using the search function anymore.
- Automatically hide the Google Search style app drawer search bar when the Google App is disabled
- Add max_aspect tag for transparent navigation bar on OEM ROMs. Fixes the black navigation bar on LG phones.
Download Rootless Pixel
- Pixel launcher 3.6 for AOSP: Download
- Pixel Launcher 3.6 for Android GO: Download
- Pixel launcher 3.5 for AOSP: Download
- Pixel Launcher 3.5 for Android GO: Download
What do you think, is this launcher better than Nova Launcher? Why do you love the Google Pixel launcher over others. Let us know in the comment section below.