Huawei Ascend G620S was launched in 2014 as one of the budget Smartphone from Huawei. The devices comes with Android KitKat; which is pretty outdated in 2016. If you are not aware of Custom ROMs & rooting, please refer to Rooting & Custom ROMs Guide before moving ahead. As its an unofficial build, you might find some bugs. But thats completely OK, as we get to tasteCyanogenmod 13 – CM 13 (Android M) in Huawei Ascend G620S. If you are not aware of Cyanogenmod, then you just need to know that, its a Custom OS which offers many options to customize your device unlike Stock Android. Before starting off with Installing CM 13 in Huawei Ascend G620S, make sure you comply with all the prerequisites. Lets begin withUpdating Huawei Ascend G620S to Android M 6.0.1!
- ROM OS Version: 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Prerequisites before Installing CM 13 ROM:
- Unlocked Bootloader.
- Rooted Huawei Ascend G620Swith TWRP 2.8.6
- Backup all your important data so that if in case anything goes wrong, you can switch back to stock ROM & restore the backup data.
- Huawei Ascend G620S charged upto 50% to avoid shutdown during the flashing process.
- Required ROM file & GApps package (At the end of post)
Note: Devs-Lab won’t be held responsible for anything happening to your device during this process as you have decided to make this modifications. This ROM is only for E500H variant. Don’t install in any other variant. If you are new to Rooting, you must refer to Complete guide about Rooting. After this process, your warranty will be void & in most cases, you won’t be able to get it back.
Screenshots of CM 13 ROM in Huawei Ascend G620S
1. Cyanogenmod 13 ROM For Huawei Ascend G760
3. Cyanogenmod 13 ROM For Huawei Ascend G760
- Few minor bugs
How to install CM 13 in Huawei Ascend G620S
Step 1: Download the ROM file & GApps package from the links at the bottom of the post. Make sure you use a proper download manager & good internet connection to avoid data corruption while downloading files.
Step 2: Transfer the downloaded zip files in your Internal storage & boot into recovery. You can boot into recovery mode by two methods, Use TWRP Recovery only
- Download Rebooter App from Google Play Store & grant root access. Launch the app & select, Reboot to recovery.
- Switch off your device, Press and hold Vol UP + Home + Powerbutton simultaneously. Leave the keys after 5 secs.
Step 3:Once you have booted into recovery mode, Optional: Go to “Backup & Restore” and select System, data, boot.
Step 4:Now its time to flash CM 13 in Huawei Ascend G620SBut before doing that, go to Wipe (in TWRP Recovery) & select cache, system (Select system only if you are coming from other ROMs), data dalvik cache. Swipe to confirm wiping.
Step 5:Go to TWRP Homescreen & click on Install. Select the CM 13 ROM for Huawei Ascend G620S zip from the list of files. Swipe to confirm flashing. This might take around 5mins.
Step 6:Once you have completed flashing the ROM, flash the GApps package by again going intoInstall and locate the GApps zip file. Swipe to confirm & you’re done with Installation part.
Step 7:Now clear cache & boot your device. First boot might take sometime so no need to panic.
Also Read: How to create your own Cyanogenmod theme
Download CM 13 (Android M) for Huawei Ascend G620S
- CM 13 ROM: Download
- Also Check: List of Cyanogenmod 13 Themes: CM 13 themes
- Google Apps Package: Gapps 6.0
To enable root access, Goto Developer options (Settings>About Phone>Tap build no. 7 times)>Root access. Please don’t complain about known bugs as developers already know those bugs. You can report the bugs in the forum with logcat.
Get notification about our latest updates, leaks, hacks & exciting offers in realtime!